Friday, February 15, 2008

Celebrating a Year of Underground Art










Okay, well, it was more like last week, BUT, the Underground Artists have been meeting for a year now, and as the founder, I felt like it was reason to celebrate. The group has been the most amazing experience, and it was important, I felt, to mark this anniversay, with, say, wearing a bowl on one's head.



Or, an Art Helmet.




These are the surprise I mentioned; I couldn't post photos here this week because Kristen would be reading. I made three of these; one for each of us. They're my unique brand of recycled paper/papier mache/mixed media art. On the backs, they're personalized. I'm actually running out the door right now, but here are pics!



This art group has been a huge gift for all of us. For anyone aspiring to move towards greater creativity, I highly recommend getting together with other like-minded creative people. It's been an amazing experience, and we can't wait to see what this year will look like...


2 comments:

A Journey Illustrated said...

These helmets are fantastic. Of course, I think seeing a table full of people wearing them this morning was confusing to a lot of people at the coffeehouse where we had our meeting. I rather enjoyed the amused looks we were getting!

Thanks again Melissa!!

melissa lanitis gregory said...

I think it's important to confuse people...
It made my day when that guy stopped to comment!