Thursday, July 12, 2007

8 Random Facts About Me

Technically, I wasn't "tagged". But I was, indirectly, invited to do this:

The object of the game is to blog “8 Random Facts About Myself.” Here are the rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write in their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

So, here goes:

1. this is hard....that doesn't count as one...

1. Okay, I hoard chocolate. Or hide it; I guess that sounds less obsessive. My kids don't know where it is...I do this to the point that I will hide it in my purse as soon as I buy it, and they never see it again, if they saw it at all, and I rarely share it. I will only eat dark chocolate.

2. I hate computer and video games, and think of the Disney corporation as evil. (That's actually two things, but it came out as one thought.)

3. I like opera.

4. I am a really good speller.

5. Much to my husband's chagrin, I have very good hearing, so I can hear him mutter things under his breath.

6. I once had a huge crush on John Cusack, and have since fallen in love with both Ewan McGregor and Tobey Maguire. And Mr. Darcy. At times, I will obsessively watch movies with these people in them.

7. On a related note, I love going to the movies. I love that moment of anticipation when the theatre goes dark, the THX guy does his thing...and then the Columbia lady with the torch shows up...

8. I'm incredibly competitive when challenged by stupid things such as the other day, when my husband said that the English Beat wrote a certain song, and he was wrong, and I actually had to go find a cd so I could prove that I was right (which I was).

Is that 8 already? I'm sure there are other much more interesting things about me...like, well... hmmm. No, I guess that's about it. So they're random, but not necessarily interesting.

I'm supposed to list 8 people to be tagged to do this, but what I'm realizing is that I don't know 8 people who blog...
let's see...
Kristen, you're one. Actually, you're the only. Kelly? Becky? There's those Canadian women...Should I bug Luann, who doesn't really know me? This has an element of the ol' Chain Letter about it, and could be construed as annoying...
Well, I'll do what EH did on hers: if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged. And if you decide to play, let me know...

2 comments:

A Journey Illustrated said...

Hmmm....can I tag you back? This sounds fun. I will find some more bloggers that want to play.

k.
www.faerymed.blogspot.com
www.faerymed.com

Tara said...

Yay! You did it.
I'm right there with you on the Disney comment.
The English Beat! I used to love them in college...
And I've been known to have a few stashes around the house myself. Although no one really is out to steal my marzipan. At the rate I snarf it up I should be hiding it from myself...
Thanks for playing!