Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Earn your Urn



The Big Idea I had for the ClayNichols Urn Show was originally called "Earn" and featured a collage made of photocopied money. Then I started working on it, and couldn't figure out how to make it work. So I abandoned the idea completely (difficult for me!) and just went with some other things that came along...My friend Kristen thought it might come back around, but I couldn't see how.


Well, the urn IS becoming the "Earn", in a roundabout way. I was playing with some of the elements this morning, and I glanced over at the scraps of photocopied bills, and went "aha" in that way that your whole body knows THIS is going to work... a quick little jolt of excitement.

I'm so excited to finish it now. I don't think I'm even going to keep going with my back up-urns until I get this one done, because I think I can pull it off. I've posted some working photos here...this is NOT how I usually go about things, but I had to get the elements on there to see if they were going to work together!
(My son just informed me that I should not use the money on the urn....hmmmm....)

1 comment:

A Journey Illustrated said...

I like it! What are the curly things? They are cool.