Saturday, May 12, 2007

Think Outside the Closet

I'm thanking the folks at HGTV's show "That's Clever" for NOT having any more slots left (I waited to apply, wasn't sure I wanted to...then I did, and they were interested but had just filled their slots.) It would have been fun, but crazy with all else that's going on. This way I can go to the Maker Faire in San Mateo (www.makerfaire.com) this weekend. Mostly I want to head to Swap-O-Rama-Rama (www.swaporamarama.org). These are held all over the country by Wendy Tremayne, and this one is part of the Maker Faire. I went last year and got all fired up about sewing, and recycling my clothes, and dressing funkier and was reminded to "think outside the closet"... what got me so energized was the idea of sewing without a pattern. I never realized this was a problem for me, but it was so freeing to just cut that jacket open and hey, don't measure it! Just start cutting! That's it! Rip that sleeve off! Let us silkscreen on your pant leg! Fearless. Loved it. Going back next weekend.

No comments: